Dr. Tzortziou, in a collaborative proposal with Rhode Island to NSF, has been awarded a $3 million grant to conduct a ground-breaking research and education expedition into the Canadian Arctic’s Northwest Passage, on the SSV Oliver Hazard Perry, the first full-rigged sailing ship to enter the Northwest Passage in more than a century Three undergraduate students from CCNY will have the opportunity to participate in this project and sail for 17-day legs of the expedition. While aboard the SSV Oliver Hazard Perry, CCNY students will have a unique opportunity to engage in comprehensive science and engineering instruction, participate in hands-on research activities, and work with a diverse group of scientists, historians, and journalists to study Arctic ecosystems.
- EAS field trip to the Hudson Valley
- New study abroad program on Environmental Field Methods this summer in Greece
- Art – Science Collaboration at the Ann Arbor Film Festival and room 107 of Marshak Building
- Congrats to Prof Luo on his collab with NASA’s $177 Million Research Grant
- Congratulations on our new NASA Grant, 2021-2024