Last month, EAS graduate students Ari Koeppel and Andres Hernandez joined EAS Prof. Ben Black and students and faculty from Queens College, Columbia University, the American Museum of Natural History, and the University of Oregon on a field trip to explore the geology of the Central Atlantic Magmatic Province. This 200 million year old volcanic province, which includes the Palisades sill and lavas as close as New Jersey and as far away as Nova Scotia and Morocco, has been linked to one of Earth’s greatest mass extinctions.
- EAS field trip to the Hudson Valley
- New study abroad program on Environmental Field Methods this summer in Greece
- Art – Science Collaboration at the Ann Arbor Film Festival and room 107 of Marshak Building
- Congrats to Prof Luo on his collab with NASA’s $177 Million Research Grant
- Congratulations on our new NASA Grant, 2021-2024